POSITION SUMMARY: The cook is responsible for cooking and serving meals and is also responsible for cleaning the kitchen area and washing the dining/kitchenware in compliance with applicable food and sanitation codes.
- Prepare all varieties of food.
- Cook and serve meals.
- Wash, dry and restock pots, pans, plates, glasses and silverware according to proper methods of sanitation.
- Clean all kitchen surfaces and equipment.
- Operate dishwasher.
- Clean any spills promptly.
- Empty and dispose of trash properly.
- Demonstrate knowledge of proper infection control techniques, including cleaning, storage and food handling.
- Demonstrate safe and proper techniques for chemical cleaning solution use.
- Demonstrate knowledge of emergency and safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, current food handler’s permit.
- Experience in food services.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must be able to relate to residents and other team members in a courteous and diplomatic manner under all circumstances.
- Must be able to stand for multiple hours in duration.
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to that position requirements can be met.
- Must be able to squat, bend, stretch, walk and turn.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.